Shopping cart
0,00 EUR
1873
Carl Eder acquires a forge and chain forge at the current company location. The contact with stonemasons leads to the idea of replacing the quartz sand used for sawing stone slabs by a more efficient sand of steel.
1880
For the first time, Stahlmassa – an angular, heat-treated steel granulate is produced. Its technical superiority enables the cutting of the hardest rock types.
1890
The steel massa is also used for grinding the surfaces of sawn hard rock. This means for the company Eder the first contact with the surface technology.
1900
Johann Eder takes over the business after the death of his father. There are already 12 “pestle” – operated by water wheel tail hammers – in operation.
1923
Long development work allows for the first time the production of a chilled granulate as a substitute for the steel massa. Based on the steel massa, it is falsely called blasting sand. The new product is excellently suited for sawing, smoothing and polishing of rocks as well as for sandblasting.
1933
Johann Eder is granted a patent for the “device for producing metal grains”. In the basic principle, the spinning off of liquid iron from a rotating disk, this device is still used today.
1938
Hubert Eder becomes company owner after the death of his father. The technically and economically optimal blasting sand is already gaining international recognition.
1945
Hubert Eder returns badly wounded from the war and tries to resume production. During his absence, his wife was forced to continue the business-critical business.
1952
Son Ing. Hubert Eder joins the company.
1962
The production plant for a new generation of blasting abrasives is put into operation.

The now produced spherical cast steel shot is ideally suited for use in blast wheel blasting machines.

The sales program is completed by the trade in blasting abrasives from other materials.

1972
Ing. Hubert Eder replaces his father, who retires after 41 years of activity, in corporate management.
1973
The company Eder celebrates 100 years.
1987
His sons Gerhard and Albert Eder set up their own company, Franz Mosburger, for the production and sale of blasting machines.

In the years before, there was an ever clearer focus from the blasting media specialist to the complete provider of process technologies and problem solutions for the entire blasting technology.

1990
The abrasive plant managed by Ing. Hubert Eder goes to the next generation.
1994
The painting technique is included in the program. As a result, the company Eder is a full-service provider in surface technology. The main sales drivers are no longer abrasive, but blasting machines.
1997
The production of mobile reprocessing plants opens up a new business area.
1998
125th anniversary.
Today’s Winoa Group joins the company as the majority shareholder.
2001
A big fire completely destroyed our abrasive production.

The sale of abrasive is still one of our most important pillars, since the firing our Ti-Grit abrasive has been produced by an Winoa subsidiary.

2003
The production of “customized blasting equipment” was taken over by a newly founded company, M.A.L. Mechatronics produces at the same location.
2010
The PHENICS project arose from the innovation of replacing disposable blasting media on construction sites with long-lasting premium blasting abrasives. The “Slag conversion project Phenics” was born and already in the first year it proved to be particularly successful.
2011
With the high-performance appearance of the PHENICS plants, we continue to expand the distribution of premium abrasive products.

The Phenics machines are developed and produced by M.A.L. Mechatronics in Gloggnitz-Enzenreith.

2015
The brothers Albert and Gerhard Eder leave the company, the management is handed over to the zone manager of the Winoa Group, the management in Enzenreith takes over Harald Kastner.
2019
Worldwide present, locally rooted, we talk about surface technology – since 1873